Welcome to Au Pair Australia
Are you looking for an Au pair?. Au Pair Australia is an Australian Registered Business matching Au Pairs with families all over Australia and overseas since 2008 (View Renewal Certificate of Registration) with representation in France and Germany.
Au Pair Australia offers a culturally enriching experience.
Au Pair Australia is a family owned and managed business. As you well know, we stand out by our values and this is why we do not charge upfront deposits and until our customers have found the ideal candidate as we want loyal customers, not locked customers. We offer the lowest fees in the Australian Market and we are not after your money, we simply want loyal customers that come back to us again time after time. Please read more about our difference.
We are located in Sydney and we serve as an intermediary between the host family in Australia and Au Pairs from overseas, through our matching service and working holiday program. Our aim is to give the opportunity to young girls to come to work and discover Australia. We have a vast list of families all over Australian major cities.
Because we believe that every family is unique, we want to define with you optimum selection criteria in order to present candidates to fully meet your expectations.
We help you to welcome the Au Pair in the best possible conditions by answering all your questions and we follow up your case throughout her stay. Our au pair agency is the one-stop-shop for for finding an au pair in Australia and we have screened au pairs ready to travel.
What distinguishes us from our competitors:
We offer you a 3 month warranty if the au pair in Australia leaves, while our competitors offer only 1 month warranty
Unlike other agencies, we do not charge registration fees or deposits! The placement fee is only payable upon confirmation of a placement, We do not oblige you to remain with us by charging you a booking fee
Unlike other agencies, our placement fee is a one off payment of $695 for 6, 8 and 12 month stays
We have au pairs from Canada, USA, UK, France, Italy, Norway, Germany and many other countries....
- We are members of IAPA, the Au Pair International Association, so you can trust that we work to the highest standards in the country.
Our agency is run as a family business, which means that we stand out by our personal and customised service.
Our Au pairs have police clearance, childcare references and most of them a current first aid certificate
Many host families return to us every year for their next placement and have introduced our agency to their friends and family!
We offer FREE PLACEMENTS to all candidates, Yes, all the process and support is free for registered candidates!
In few words, please compare our fees and services.
|Au pair agency
$ 695 any lenght of stay, drivers and English speakers inclusive
||$ 950 or $1,250 if caring under 3 yrs old
$350 non ref
|| $935 native speakers
$100 non ref
$75 non ref
$759 (6 months stay)
$979 ( 7-12 months stay)
$99 non ref
Every effort is made to match an applicant to a family. The needs of the family and the experience and personality of the applicant are taken into consideration. Our agency does its very best to present an applicant that will most likely fit with the host family's requirements and lifestyle. We do not waste your time presenting applicants who would not be suitable.
We do check their criminal records overseas, before accepting them. We provide them information to get the visa and they also go through an interview with the family before confirming the placement.
Our agency has years of experience of placing top European, American, British and Canadian girls with good language skills, which means that we can offer you and your family access to the finest candidates.
We offer a comprehensive service and give continued support throughout the placement. We also offer an on-line Au Pair course that we recommend our aupairs to undertake to ensure better knowledge and understanding of child minding.
Why Become a Host family? - -click here to register, No booking Fee!
Welcome an au pair is reconciling family life with serenity and professional life, while enriching your family from a cultural experience perspective It can be a great experience to be exposed to a new culture and language. You can start today, by registering.
Register as Au Pair - click here to register, registration and placement is Free!
click on the PDF icon to download our Au pair Brochure
Some of the Au Pairs available
Michele Kloters - Au Pair in Australia
Age: 21 years
Availability: from June 2013
Max. number & age of children: 2 (1 + 9 years)
Expererience 1 : kindergarden ( 300.4.11 to 20.05.11) group of 70 children between 3-6, playing with the children, eating, painting, tinkering with them and also doing sports and going to the playground with them.
Expererience 2 : day care ( 02.04.2011-05.04.2011) 5 children 18 month - 3 years, change diapers, feed the children, handicraftwork,accompany at excursions
Total number of hours of experience: 1,500 hours
I will be actually happy, if my host family would do activities like camping, hiking or visit different sights with me, because so I can see more from the nature and I would really like to experience it. Also these activities are much fun for the children. I am an open-minded person, who is very helpful, adaptive and also hardworking.
Marta Anthoniussen. - Au Pair in Australia
Age: 22 years
Availability: from June 2013
Max. number & age of children: 2-3 (6months-16 years)
Babysitting ( 2011 to 2013)
Total number of hours of experience: 2 years
The most amazing feeling is when you get a child to smile. and you know that you are the reason behind that smile. When a child hugs you or tell you how much they love you. that just melts my heart and nothing feels as good as hearing those three words from kids....
Gendre Elise - Au Pair in Australia
Age: 24 years
Availability: from June 2013
Max. number & age of children:
2 to 10 If possible , maximum 3 children
au pair for 2 times -Edmund( 11) : in London. He was not really a nice boy but it was a good experience with the family. We used too play cowboy, soldiers, star wars, listen the Beatles and play in the garden with his friends.-Freya(3-4) in Dublin: I had a wonderful experience as much with Freya than with Robert and Brenda. I was 3days on 5 all the day with her from 7am to 7pm so we did all possible activities; drawing, painting, playing the piano, dancing, playing with the ball, shopping, walking, cooking, playing in the garden together or with her little friends..-Hailey, Ella and Nicholas: (9-10,6-7,4-5) in Boston. I came back in December and it was amazing! The kids, the parents everything. They were so lovable and kind! I worked 45hours a week even more. We did everything we could. Same than with Freya but with 3children, funnier, bigger, incredible.. I love them so much. We keep in touch every week and for ever.
Total number of hours of experience : 2,260 hrs
Kelly Hilton. - Au Pair in Australia
Age: 27 years
Availability: from June 2013
Max. number & age of children: 2-3 (newborn - 10)
Expererience 1 : full time nanny ( 2003-2008) tasks; cook, clean, bath, bedtime, outings, activities, art, play time, reading, school work
Expererience 2 : live in nanny ( 2009-2012) tasks; clean,cook,bath,activities,play,outings,reading,bedtime
Total number of hours of experience 1 and 2: 1000 + 1000 hrs
I love how children are free and so not afraid to say what they
want, act silly, goofy, have fun doing the simplist things! I love
their laugh and their inability to judge people. ...
Laura Nicholas. - Au Pair in Australia
Age: 23 years
Availability: from 1st July 2013
Max. number & age of children: 3 (0 mths- 16 years)
Expererience 1 : Mothers help ( 2003-2004) I helped a family friend to take care of her eldest child when she was pregnant with his younger sister as he was a very active child who needed a lot of attention.
Expererience 2 : Contact Supervisor for Social Services ( April 2012- November 2012) My role is this job was picking children up in my car from school or from their carers and taking them to visit their parents. I often had to assist with the children's care such as nappy changing or feeding.
Total number of hours of experience 1 and 2: 240 + 1000 hrs
I have lots of experience with children, I have a large family with younger cousins of all ages that I have helped to look after and that have always been around me. I have worked for Social Services back in the UK and have spent time and cared for a range of children during this period of work. I have also done various babysitting jobs as well as working as a Nanny for my GoddaughterI love children themselves and the way they look and think about things and their positive outlook on life. I love making children laugh and entertaining them and making them excited about simple things such as going to the beach....
Have a look of the Au Pair in Australia online course
What is an Au Pair?
A young foreigner (male or female), 18 to 27 years, eager to broaden their knowledge overseas and especially loving children.
The Au Pair:
- provides up to 45 hours per week (excluding babysitting).
- takes care of your children at home (meals, baths, games, naps ...)
- accompany your children to school, extracurricular activities, leisure ...
- should be willing to do daily light housekeeping (cooking, laundry, dishes, ironing ...)
- shall bear the cost of their language classes in their free time
What are my obligations as a host family?
The Au Pair program is a cultural exchange program, and is by no means an employment contract.
During their stay, your Au Pair should be considered as a family member. You can possibly offer some advantages, such as participation in language courses.
In exchange, the family must:
- Provide a private room (she can share the bathroom),
- Ensure you provide all meals,
- Provide pocket money of an amount equal to or greater than $150 AUD per week (May 2013),
- Give the Au Pair one or two days off per week, at least one Sunday a month for worship, enough free time for language lessons and distractions, and one week of paid vacation after six months of service within your family.
Hosting an Au-Pair, What are the advantages?
- More free time for parents- An Au pair offers the parents the chance to enjoy some quality time together (one evening per week) where they can relax by leaving their children in the hands of a capable babysitter who is familiar with their children's ways and routines.
- We offer a service with a clear benefit an Online Course to the Au pair in Australia before they start the program.
- Is affordable- Normal average childcare in Australia charges between $70 and $100 per day; your Au pair in Australia can provide up to 45 hours per week of flexible help with the children and the house for a cost of between $180 and $200/ week. The Au Pair receives pocket money of approximately $180 per week per family, and not per child! (Unlike other forms of childcare)
- Is time saving-There is no need to advertise for the position and therefore, get the necessary background checks.
- In-home childcare- Your Au pair will provide in-home childcare. which is a one-to-one relationship. Duties include: Housekeeping, help with cooking , Ironing, Grocery shopping and responsibilities related with childcare such as: bathing children, supervising homework, preparing meals and lunches, reading, playing games, taking them for walks or to the park. They offer live-in childcare, so there is more flexibility to arrange their working hours to adjust to your family's needs.
- Is Convenient - There is flexibility, as you can arrange a work schedule, with your needs as priority and in the way that is convenient for you. You don't have to wake a child early to get him ready or put him to bed late just to fit around your working pattern. Care in your own home means that it is less difficult when your child is unwell.
- Suits your needs - An Au Pair in Australia provides a customized childcare, according to the needs and schedule of your family, she can devote full attention to your children and she will know her daily routines.
- Free Registration and Warranty - Apply when the candidate leaves within the warranty period.
Latest News - Some of the problems that have arisen from internet matches
Our Au pair offices abroad
En France, consultez notre page Fille Au pair Australie
What is a gap year? Our program allows you to take a Gap Year in Canada while being fully immersed in the Canadian culture.
Start your Gap Year with us
We have now our local representative in the UK, Au pair UK or register with our au pair agency in the UK, in France you may register at Fille Au pair en Australie & Au pair in Canada please include your supporting doccuments if you register as Au pair or Nanny in Australia