During this workshop which include videos, we will discuss about childcare, how to become an au pair, how to handle cultural differences, connect with your host family and new friends, and keep yourself safe
Module I – Taking care of young babies
Understanding the basic needs of a young baby, so that you can ensure that all of her needs are being met. Such as Feeding, sleep and human contact, as well as the importance of human contact to the healthy mental and physical development of babies, and how this makes the baby feel loved. Other topics covered:
- Holding a young baby
- Crying and comforting
- What's the best way to comfort a baby?
- Nappy changing routine
- How to bath your baby
- Bathing routine
- Dressing a baby
Module 2 – Feeding a Baby
Making up formula milk
- Making up formula routine
- Winding the baby
- Bottle feeding routine
- Spoon feeding
- Which foods should you avoid giving to the baby?
- Helping the baby feed himself
- Ideas of healthy Finger foods
- Your essential travel kit when going out
Module 3- Baby Safety
- Reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Baby safety
- Safety precautions in the bathroom
Module 4 – Becoming a Toddler - Nutritional needs
- The five main food groups
- What snacks should I give to the toddler?
- Safety first with foods
- Eating - Feeding issues
- Fussy eaters
- Junk food
Module 5 – Becoming a Toddler - Promoting manipulation
Module 6 – Development
- Milestones in intellectual development
- Milestones in locomotive development
- Milestones in manipulative development
Module 7 - Learning through play
- How does playing help the child to learn?
- Play will help the child to:
- How can I encourage my child to be creative?
- Different types of play to nurture different skills and prevent boredom
Module 8 –Growth and development –Activities they enjoy at different ages
- 6-9 moths - which activities will the baby enjoy at this age?
- 9 months- 1 year - which activities are suitable for the baby at this age?
- 1-2 years - which activities are suitable for the child at this age?
- 2-3 years - which activities will the child enjoy at this age?
- 3 - 4 years - which activities are suitable for the child at this age?
- 4 – 5 years - which indoor activities are suitable for the child at this age?
Which outdoor activities are suitable for the child at this age?
Module 9 – Becoming a Toddler
Module 10 – Keeping your child safe
Module 11 –Looking after a sick child
- How can I best look after a sick child at home?
- What should I do if the child has fever?
Module 12 – Matters of discipline
Module 13 – For the Au pair: Making the Relationship Work
- Being a Part of Your Host Family
- About Your Au Pair Job
- About Your Host Famiy's Children
- About Your Host Family's Parents
- About Your Host Family's House
How to make modelling dough
How to make Soap bubbles and blower
How to make Baby play dough
Easy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Egg salad sandwich
- Tuna, celery & dill sandwich
- Chicken, celery & avocado sandwich
- Beef, cheese & carrot sandwich
- Cheesy spinach rice muffins